All About flat roofs - East London, Eastern Cape
Did you know that flat roofs aren’t completely level, but have a slant of about 3 degrees to allow for rain drainage?
A torch-on system, followed by an aluminum coating to protect it from the sun, is the best way to seal this membrane.
This membrane does have a 10-year lifespan generally but maintenance is needed as the aluminium coating gets damaged in the sun. The following is a list of the companies that will be able to help you.
Fortunately for you, RWS provides the torch-on system and maintenance.
Some advantages of flat roofs include:
- They provide more space than a pitched roof would have provided, and this extra space can be used for extensions such as garages.
- It is less expensive because less material is required, and it is installed faster because they are not pitched.
Some disadvantages of flat roofs include:
- Because the entire roof is exposed to the sun all day, it absorbs more heat.
- They sometimes necessitate more maintenance because all drains must be inspected to ensure that water drains properly.
- They are prone to leaking and must be sealed with a waterproof seal.
Request a Free Estimate
Need A Free Estimate?
Rubber waterproofing Sealants’s workmanship is world class and our dedicated staff are focused in their ability to guarantee a high standard of roof waterproofing repair and maintenance.